Esperanza Spalding - Best New Artist Grammy Awards 2011

Esperanza Spalding - Best New Artist Grammy Awards 2011. Who is best new artist at Grammy awards 2011. She is Esperanza Spalding. The 26-year-old jazz singer beat Justin Bieber, Drake, Florence and The Machine, and Mumford and Sons for the accolade. Spalding comes as a breath of fresh air among this year's pop talent. Primarily known as a jazz bassist, the Portland, Ore., native has been a professor at Berklee College of Music and has recorded with M. Ward. Her most recent album, 'Chamber Music Society,' was recorded in 2010 and features Spalding's vocals and upright bass playing. 2011 is already looking great for the young singer and we wish her continued success.



"I know I don’t have a lot of time, so first, thank you to the Academy for even nominating me in this category," Esperanza said during her acceptance speech.

"I take this honor to heart so sincerely, and I’ll do my damndest to make a whole lot of great music for all of you," she added. "It’s such a blessing and an honor. God bless. Thank you.”

Congrats Esperanza :)

4 Responses to "Esperanza Spalding - Best New Artist Grammy Awards 2011"